Freelance Early Career Researchers Network Convenors
The Paul Mellon Centre (PMC) is looking for two energetic, creative and collegial early career researchers to lead its successful Early Career Researchers Network (ECRN). This one-year freelance role involves putting together an original and stimulating series of research and training events for the network, and fostering an inclusive spirit of scholarly community amongst its many participants. The successful applicants will work closely with the PMC’s ECRN facilitator and with the convenors of the PMC’s partner network, the DRN (the Doctoral Researchers Network).
Applicants should be prepared to commit approximately 1–2 hours per week, and in addition will be expected to attend ECRN activities and events. Applicants can be based anywhere in the UK.
There is a fixed fee of £1,000 for each of the two freelancers for the duration of the role, which is 12 months from December 2020 to July 2021. There will also be pre-agreed travel expenses for this role.
Essential skills and competences:
- Have completed a PhD on a British art-related topic within the last five years
- Be researching in the field British art history
- Ability to self-motivate and to work collaboratively
- Knowledge of current debates in art history
Desirable skills and competences:
- Effective database management skills
- Experience of managing social media accounts
- Demonstrable experience in organising events
- Experience of managing the administration of a project
- Experience creating an events programme
Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queries about the role can be sent to Bryony Botwright-Rance at email@example.com.
Extended: The closing date for applications is 12pm, Friday, 27 November 2020.
Interviews will be held week commencing 7 December 2020 by Zoom.