- 31 March 2023
We are delighted to present Issue 24 of British Art Studies, our open access and peer-reviewed journal:
- Jala Wahid, interviewed by Edwin Coomasaru, "Oil Aesthetics and Imperial Violence"
- "Monuments Must Fall" convened by Edwin Coomasaru
- Kate Retford, "Cutting and Pasting: The Print Room at Woodhall Park"
- Ariel Kline, "Is the Painting a Grave? John Everett Millais and the Queer Refusals of Victorian Art"
- Hans C. Hönes, "The Rise and Fall of the 'Clerks': British Art History, 1950–1970"
- Melissa L. Gustin, "Do Sleeping Shepherds Dream of 3D-Printed Sheep: John Gibson, Oliver Laric, and Digital Neoclassicism"
- Sam Gathercole, "The Expressive Unit of Constructionism: Kenneth Martin at Whittington Hospital"
Animating the Archive
- Alexandra Kokoli, "Greenham Common's Archival Webs: Towards a Virtual Feminist Museum"
Image credit: Installation view, Jala Wahid: Conflagration, 22 October–30 April 2023, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, Gateshead. Digital image courtesy of Jala Wahid. Photo: Rob Harris © 2022 BALTIC (all rights reserved).