- 05 Oct 2020
In response to the coronavirus pandemic and in the interests of our wider community, the Paul Mellon Centre has had to significantly scale back its in-person offerings for this coming autumn.
However, we are delighted to announce that the Archives & Library Public Study Room (PSR) is now open to readers on a limited basis, by appointment only. Up until to 16 December, the PSR will be open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday every week. Its opening hours will be 10.30–12.45 and 13.15–15.30.
This autumn will also see us launching a packed programme of online seminars, lectures, podcasts and workshops. These include numerous events on the theme of British Art and Natural Forces, a trio of British Art Talks in which leading contemporary artists talk about their engagement with the history of art, and a Public Lecture Course on the topic of Ceramics. We very much hope you can join us for at least some of these events.
- A specially commissioned series of podcasts entitled British Art Talks
- Our summer Public Lecture Course, Georgian Provocations
- The latest issue of our pioneering digital journal, British Art Studies
- Our award-winning digital publication The Royal Academy Summer Exhibition: A Chronicle, 1769–2018
- Recordings of research events held at the Centre
- Recordings of our popular Public Lecture Courses
- A series of short films on Nigel Henderson’s collage work Screen