Once the initial assessment information has been received, the Centre will follow standard procedure for assessing potential offers, as detailed below:
- Archive staff will review the initial assessment information against the Centre’s Archive Collection Policy Statement existing holdings and resources
- If the assessment reveals that the material does not fit the Centre’s Archive Collection Policy, the acquisition will be declined. This decision will be conveyed in writing.
- If the acquisition looks promising, Archive staff will visit to review the material wherever it is currently stored. Please note: material will not normally be accepted without review
- All material fitting the Centre’s Archive Collection Policy – whether subject to an onsite visit or not - will be formally discussed at a monthly acquisition meeting with the Director and other relevant Centre staff. Please note: no material fitting the Archive Collection Policy will be declined without the consent of the Director.
- If the acquisition is approved by the Director and Centre staff, the material will be formally acquired. Please note: all acquisitions at the Centre are accompanied by an Archive Acquisition Form.
- If the acquisition is ultimately declined, the decision will be conveyed in writing.