What Service Do We Offer?
The Paul Mellon Centre does not operate a formal reprographics service but can supply digital images of material in the Archives & Library on request and following the successful completion of a Request for Digital Images form. We do not supply photocopies.
Images are provided for non-commercial research and private study, or for criticism and review in accordance with UK copyright law. They will be low resolution and will not be suitable for publication.
There is no charge for this service but – due to constraints on resources – we are generally only able to supply up to 25 images per reader. However, we try to be sympathetic to reader requirements and in exceptional circumstances we are able to exceed this amount. Please Contact Us directly if you wish to discuss your request.
We aim to complete all requests for digital images within 10 working days following successful receipt of a Request for Digital Images form. Images will be sent to you electronically via email or – for larger files – via alternative file transfer software, such as Dropbox or WeTransfer.
How to Order Images
Please browse our online catalogues in order to identify items of which you would like to request copies. When you have identified the relevant material, please complete and return a Request for Digital Images form. You will need to supply the following information:
- For Archive material – please provide the file references and details of the specific item
- For Library material – please provide the following information:
- for books and exhibition catalogues: citation, class and page number(s)
- for journals: journal title, volume / issue / number, date and page number(s)
- for auction catalogues: Standard number, citation, date of auction and page number(s).
- For Tate Photographic Archive – please provide the following information:
- citation and information on the particular image(s) required.