How to make an appointment
You will need to make an appointment:
- If it is the first time you have used the Paul Mellon Centre’s Library, Archives or Tate Photographic Archive
- For all subsequent visits to consult the Archives or Tate Photographic Archive
To make an appointment, please contact us, ideally giving 48 hours notice, by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 020 7580 0311.
When you contact us, please provide the following information:
- Whether you have been before
- The date and time of your proposed visit
- Your general area of research
- Details of the material you would like to consult
On the first visit you will be required to:
- Complete a registration form
- Provide personal identification (bank card, drivers’ licence or passport)
- Undertake a brief induction
- We do not take appointments on Mondays or between 13.00 and 14.00 Tuesday to Friday
- It is not possible to consult Archives, Tate Photographic Archive or Rare book material (Class 094) between 13.00 and 14.00
- You may not order more than 10 items or files in advance
- Additional material may normally be ordered during your visit: retrieval times are at 11.30 and 14.00.
- If the material is uncatalogued, there may be a delay in providing access as staff need time to check it for any personal and sensitive material
- Staff will need to retrieve any material not located in the Public Study Room or Library Annex such as auction catalogues, journals, unpublished dissertations and rare books (Class 094). It is helpful if these are booked in advance.