- 9 December 2020
- 4:00 – 5:30 pm
- Zoom Webinar
Hear more about our new publications
Please join us for our winter Book Night, where we will celebrate our latest publications by asking authors to discuss their research and answer questions about their books.
This event will take place online with an introduction by the Centre’s Director of Studies, Mark Hallett. Guests will be able to hear short presentations by each of the night’s five authors, which we hope will give a lively and engaging snapshot of the exciting new research that we have recently published.
Confirmed authors taking part in PMC Book Night:
Thomas Crow, author of The Hidden Mod in Modern Art: London 1957–1969
Melody Barnett Deusner, author of Aesthetic Painting in Britain and America: Collectors, Art Worlds, Networks
Matthew Craske, author of Joseph Wright of Derby: Painter of Darkness
Martin Myrone, author of Making the Modern Artist: Culture, Class and Art-Education Opportunity in Romantic Britain
Sam Smiles, author of The Late Works of J.M.W. Turner: The Artist and his Critics
Guidelines for users attending Zoom webinars
Before the webinar
● Please download Zoom software in advance.
● Please register to attend the Research Lunch webinar through Eventbrite.
● We will share the link to the Zoom webinar with you in advance by email through Eventbrite.
● If you require closed captioning during this event, please get in touch at least two weeks before the event date.
During the event
● Paul Mellon Centre staff hosting the event will employ the appropriate security features to help ensure that events and meetings operate safely.
● There will be a waiting room feature that allows the host to control when all participants join the meeting.
● You will be automatically muted when you join the webinar and can only communicate verbally if the host unmutes you
● Each paper will be 10 minutes long and will be followed by a Q&A where the chair will prompt discussion.
● Use the Q&A box to ask/write your questions after the talk.
● You can also use the virtual raise hand button if you have a question/comment to make by audio.
● Use the chat box to make comments.
● If you are experiencing any technical problems, please notify Ella Fleming (events manager) or Danielle Convey (events assistant) directly using the chat box function. Alternatively you can email them via firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Paul Mellon Centre will not take photographs of this event and participants are requested likewise not to do so.
● This session will not be recorded.
● Any offensive behaviour will not be tolerated and attendees can be removed from the webinar by the host.
The Paul Mellon Centre is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and is committed to processing your data securely and transparently.
For more information on Zoom’s compliance with EU GDPR see: https://zoom.us/gdpr